The Democrats can't run on their actual platform because they know that it would be soundly defeated. Therefore what must they run on? Lies and innuendo. (Old, but still true!)
What is the (Permanent) Demo/Liberal/Progressive platform you ask? EASY:
1. On Iraq; US Humiliation through defeat and withdrawal from Iraq.
2. On the economy; Tax and spend.
3. On energy; Luddite energy policy.
4. On domestic issues; Socialism/Communism/Statism.
5. On foreign policy; European appeasement, apologies and appeasement of Muslims and EVERYBODY.
6. On race relations and class; Discrimination against whites, Christians, and ALL middle class is the absolute rule.
(While pretending the opposite!)
7. On crime; The criminal wins, society and the victims lose.
8. On Guns; take them all, ignore or abolish 2nd Amendment.
9. On the courts, the law, and the Constitution; it means what we (Democrats/Liberals/Progressives) say it means. Its a rubber document that changes at our whim.
Well put . . . they have an agenda that if honestly proposed would relegate them to permanent minority status. But they are excellent at the game of Three-Card Monty. They seem to be interested in only ONE THING - POWER AT ANY COST no matter how much damage they cause to the people and the country.